Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Well, today was our last day out in the field. It was bittersweet for me because I don't think that I will ever be able to come back down here. Of course, I also said that last year and look at me now. So, who knows what the future holds for me with regards to Antarctica, but for now, I have to believe that this will be the last time I am down here. We took some people from town out as well as some photographers. Brad went with them to drill a hole so that we could return fish and Marissa and I followed about an hour later. We were on two snowmobiles and we returned about 2-300 fish!

Here are some of the people we took out with us fishing in our fish hut at the Cape Evans Wall.






























Kevin looking pumped!


Murphy still can't believe that we use a Barbie pole!



Grace is concentrating hard!






























Then it was time to ride back home. Marissa and I needed to take just a few more pictures before we leave this incredible place.



Mt. Erebus and the Royal Society mountain range will always have a special place in my heart. Even though it was a bittersweet day, it was still a great day.































No comments:

Post a Comment