Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday December 5, 2011

Well, today was another day of lab work. However, it was a bit of a sad day today too. Isaac left today. Now it is just down to Sandwich and me to finish up our experiments. I will be leaving next Wednesday. It is starting to feel real that I will be leaving soon and it is hard to think about. Coming here has been one of the most incredible adventures that I have ever had. So many people have told me that they have always wanted to come down here. I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to come here at all. I feel even more lucky to have had the opportunity to come down as a scientist and do some really incredible research. Well, I don't have any pictures from today, but here is a really cool video from my trip out to New Harbor last week. This video was taken on our flight back. As we were flying back to McMurdo, we came upon some incredible icebergs. One had split into two pieces and the crack between the two pieces was this incredible brilliant blue. I will post a few pictures (again) of the iceberg and the crack, but this video is when we flew up and directly over it. There were other icebergs around us as well. It was a really phenomenal trip out to New Harbor and back to McMurdo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment