Monday, December 12, 2011

Saturday December 10, 2011

WOW! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY! I had my last two time points today! It felt so amazing to finally be finished with my experiments. I feel so honored and thrilled to be able to say that I have conducted research on Antarctic fish IN Antarctica! After I was done with my experiment, I had a Skype session with a third grade class in Portland. They were really cute and asked a lot of funny questions, mainly about what my favorite kind of cookie is on cookie day!

Later, Sandwich and I went out on our last field day with B-009, another seal team. We all took snowmobiles to the ice edge near Cape Royds. It was perhaps the most incredible day of the trip. We saw so so so many Adelie penguins and took so many pictures!









Sandwich and I came prepared with our costumes and tried to blend in with the Penguins.












As we were about to leave, some Emperors jumped out of the water and came right up to us so we had to stay and take picture of them too!







We had such an amazing time! I kept my Penguin costume on for the rest of the trip. I even rode home on my snowmobile with it on! What a great way to go out!



No comments:

Post a Comment