Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Monday, November 12, 2012

Well, I didn't feel the greatest on today so I slept most of the day. However, when I did finally wake up, I felt great! Today was the Grantee Social in the Crary library. A grantee is someone who is associated with a science group. And grantees are also known as "Beakers" around station, so everyone just calls this the "Beaker Ball." At the Beaker Ball, there was liquid nitrogen ice cream! It was pretty fun to see them making up the liquid cream and then pouring liquid nitrogen onto it and having it solidify and then eating it!!!




I went with the berry ice cream and the coffee ice cream!


After ice cream, the greatest band in the whole world came on stage to play a concert for us...Condition Fun! Sandwich is the lead singer (and also plays the tuba). Sandwich was our field tech last year and there is no way that I could have done all the research that I did without her. Period. She is the reason I was actually able to finish up all of my work. She is an incredibly hard worker. This year, she is working for Dr. Sean Place and is working even harder. But she still manages to find time to write silly songs about McMurdo and the strange vehicles that we have down here. What a great night!




No comments:

Post a Comment