Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Well, it was election day down here too. But while most of the people in town were getting updates, I was out fishing all day! I took out a firefighter, a Chaplin and a map maker! Jimmy, Jake and Claire were all rock stars when it came to drilling holes in the ice so I just had to show some great shots of that.







The Jiffy drill was being a little testy today so I had to start it a lot more often than normal. Here is what I look like when I am struggling to get it started!


And here we are FINALLY punching through the ice. As we clear the hole to make it "ice free",  you can see how the water comes out and goes all over our pants and boots. Good thing they are waterproof...or at least water resistant!


And everyone caught fish! In order, here are Jimmy, Jake and Claire catching fish.






And here I am fishing as well!


When we got home, I did finally find out the news about the election. It was actually really great to be so far away from technology for the whole day so I didn't really have to stress about anything at all! I came home and was very excited to learn the news. Still feeling an overwhelming sense of pride and joy to be from Minnesota and from the United States of America. I always say that no matter how many fish you catch, any day that you spend fishing is a good day. We went fishing, caught fish and came home to some great news. It really was a great day. What did I do to celebrate? Played dodgeball! What else would you think I would do in Antarctica on a random Wednesday night?!?!?! 









No comments:

Post a Comment