Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I woke up today around 9:30 and it felt great to wake up in a bed. I had my first non-airline/airport food in three days too! After breakfast, I went down to the CDC (clothing distribution center) near the International Antarctic Museum in Christchurch. This is where we get all of our ECW (extreme cold weather) gear. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot of acronyms that the USAP (United States Antarctic Program) uses. I'll try to define them when I can. Anyway, I got all of my gear, and most of it fit great. My Big Red jacket seems to be in much better shape that the one I had last year













Here is my name and my NSF (National Science Foundation) patch on my Big Red. We all have name tags on our jackets because we all look the same when we are all bundled up!

When I got back from the CDC, my luggage got delivered to my hotel room. I was very excited to be reunited with all of my personal ECW!

I was pretty exhausted today as well and fell asleep around 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment