Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday October 21, 2011


Today was another lab day for me. I spent all day yesterday preparing for my experiment today and there were still so many things I had to do before I was ready. I started prepping at 8 am this morning but I didn’t get started till well after 12:30 pm. My experiment involves exposing different fish tissues to several different temperatures for 24 hours. I am sampling tissues at different time points from the start of the experiment (0 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours and 24 hours after dissection). Later, after I have replicated this experiment, I will analyze the tissues for specific proteins that are involved in the cellular stress response. If that is all too much science, I apologize. A more simple way of saying it is: I will be examining how tissues respond to different temperatures at the cellular level. I have also included some non-science pictures today so I don't put everyone to sleep!

Here are some pictures of me running my experiment today.

































This sign was on the water and ice dispenser in the Galley. This is truly the definition of irony.






































And this is where I “get my gym on!”
































No comments:

Post a Comment