Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday October 23, 2011

Today was a nice and relaxing day off. Two of my friends that I met in my Happy Camper's camp work down here as helicopter techs; Nick and Matt. After brunch, I took them fishing. Nick caught two "Bernies!" That is one more than I have caught!

































Next, we went to a different fish hut to pull up at trap we sent down about a week ago. While we only caught one fish in the trap, a Trematomus pennellii, we did catch a lot of starfish and two isopods. Here you can see Matt and I examining what we found in the trap.






























The brown colored, bug-like organism is an isopod. We ended up with two of those in the trap as well.







Since our project does not involve starfish or isopods, we let them all go.





























It was another great day in Antarctica.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, have you met anyone from the Deming lab at University of Washington. I think they are still down there. My friend Jeff Bowman is looking at bacteria in the ice.

    ReplyDelete