Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday October 18, 2011

Well, I didn't get many pictures today because for most of the day our team we preparing all of our gear for the helicopter techs. We had to get our drill and fuel haz-certified and bring most of our fishing gear down to the helo hanger early in the day. However, we were able to get in a little bit of fishing later in the afternoon. Sadly, when I was fishing with Barbie, my hook got snagged on the bottom so we had to let that line go. After putting on a new hook, jig worm and weights, I dropped my line in again. I guess they don't make children's reels as well as I am used too...the line just kept going and fell off of my pole! There wasn't much I could do and Barbie had to be retired for the day. However, then Sandwich thought she had a fish and reeled up. To our surprise, she had caught my line and hook so we prevented another long reel of line from drifting away. Here is Barbie after she lost all of her line and the rest of the group fishing yesterday.































Wednesday is the big day! We will be flying on Helos out to Cape Evans Wall. It is supposed to be 7 degrees but with windchill, it will be around -39. Think happy fishing thoughts for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment