Sunday, November 27, 2011

Friday November 25, 2011

Well, today was yet another lab day. However, there were many other fun thing that also happened on Friday that had nothing to do with my lab work! Before I get to that, I wanted to show a picture of my friend Lydia working hard at the microscope in the cold room. I have to dissect my fish in the -2 degree room, but she has to sit in there for hours on end looking at sea urchin larvae. Yet she is still smiling!





























Later that night, I went to Condition Fun's last band practice. I got my Condition Fun t-shirt signed by all the members of the band! I'm such a nerdy groupie!






























After their practice, I took some pictures of them all standing in front of or on a Pickle. A Pickle is one of the vehicles that is used here in McMurdo. It is a small, 4-wheel drive forklift. One of the songs that Condition Fun sings is called, "In A Pickle." It is about driving a Pickle all day long. That is what my shirt is referencing. Here they are with a Pickle.






























After their practice, Isaac and Sandwich came back to our room and practiced a bit more. They also wrote a new song that night!





























After that, we all went to the pub and played darts and listened to/participated in Karaoke. Here is Lydia showing off her first bullseye of the night.






































My first bullseye was not far behind.





























The game was all tied up. We both needed two bullseyes to win.






































Lydia had the greatest round of the game to win it all. Here she is celebrating!






































And here is what her winning round looked like.





























A proud, yet humble champion.






































After darts, we decided to participate in some Karakoe. I don't have pictures of me singing, but here is one of Darren and Lydia singing "500 miles." It was a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment