Sunday, November 6, 2011

Saturday November 5, 2011

WOW, another really big day. I was up late into the night working on my experiment I couldn't fall asleep when I got home because I knew I had to be up early on Saturday. Isaac and I had a Skype conference with friends and colleagues early in the morning on Saturday for us (noon on Friday for them). Here is what we looked like to them.





























After our video chat, Isaac and I went up to the post office because we both had packages. Here we are opening our gifts like it was Christmas!









































My care package weighed in at 20.6 pounds! Thanks mom! And thanks for the decorations Chris!

































Then we went out fishing. We saw some seals on the way. The drill worked great and we caught 29 fish!







































We were all smiles because we were catching so many fish, but the weather was pretty rough. 25-30 knot winds and the temp was well below zero. Visibility dropped as well. Normally from this angle, you would be able to see Mt. Erebus...not today!





























Here are all the fish we caught!






























Art Devries old fish hut and all the supplies are being taken down. Brad and a few others saved some of his old things. Here is a box that held fish with his name and event number on it.





























We got back around 10pm and there was a "Homecoming" dance. I grabbed the best outfit I could find and went to the dance.






































Sandwich and Brian at the dance.







































A while ago, I was dared to eat a massive bowl of ice cream outside. I figured what better outfit to do that in than a Cinderella costume!




No comments:

Post a Comment