Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday November 4, 2011

Well, I got the liquid nitrogen that I needed to run more experiments today so that is what I did. All day! I had time points that went until almost 1am! Science never sleeps :) However, in between some of my time points, I met up with some friends at the Coffee House. Isaac and Lydia played some songs while the rest of us sang along and relaxed after a long week. Tomorrow will be another big day! Isaac and I are going to be Skyping with our friends and colleagues back at Portland State University to show everyone on campus what life is like here at McMurdo. If you read this blog and you don't know about it, you do now! Noon on Friday for you West Coasters!

Isaac and Lydia performing for us. It was like our own little private concert!
































My friends Evan and Laura were enjoying the show as well.





























My snow trench roommate Darren and me. Darren is on the research team B-009. They spend most of their time at a camp on the sea ice because they need to go out every day to tag seals. He said they tagged over 100 seals in one day this week! We don't get to see the members of B-009 very often, but when we do, it really makes my day!



No comments:

Post a Comment