Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Saturday November 19, 2011

Well, we wanted to go fishing on Saturday but the weather just wasn't cooperating. So instead, I spent most of the day prepping for my many upcoming experiments. That is not nearly as glamorous as it sounds. Basically, I have to label 370 little tubes for every day that I run an experiment. And Sandwich and I did the math...I will be running an experiment everyday (except Sunday's) from now until December 6th if all goes as planned. If you know anything about science, things rarely go as planned so it is a good thing that I will have another 8 days before I leave to redo any experiments if something happens.

While I have no pictures from today, I will show you a fun time lapse video that Sandwich took of our team profiling a sea ice crack. We need to check the thickness of the ice and the width of the crack everyday before we cross it and then we need to report back to McMurdo so other teams can cross the crack without also having to profile it. We were working pretty quickly, but not nearly as quick as the time lapse shows. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment