Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday November 28, 2011

Well, while today was still a lab day, Sandwich and I managed to get out on some snowmobiles to clean up our fish hut before they pull it off of the sea ice this week. The weather (and the ice) has been getting warmer every day and soon it will be unsafe to even travel on the sea ice.

Here is Sandwich and Alicia (a "townie" we brought out with us to help clean up).





























Sandwich collecting some bamboo flags with the Royal Society Mountain Range in the background.


























































Oh McMurdo, how we love thee!





























The famous "Fish Hut 6" with our snowmobile and the sled that I hauled in the foreground.





























Here are a couple of panoramic photos of McMurdo. The first is only of McMurdo. The second also has a snowmobile and "Fish Hut 6."





















Once I get the pictures from Sandwich of me on my snowmobile, I will post those as well. What a fantastic day, once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment