Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday November 14, 2011

I started another 24 hour heat shock experiment today. Sandwich helped me again (as with every experiment). Here she is micropipetting before we started.






































While I was waiting for my time points, I took a break for a snack. I decided to dive into some of the food that my mom sent me. Today I had a monster Tabasco flavored Slim Jim.





























Later that night, we had the Crary social, aka the Beaker Ball. Crary what the science building is called. However, the townies all call the scientists Beakers, in reference to the Muppets character. I think it is hilarious and when people ask me what I do, I tell them that I am a Beaker in Crary. Anyway, at the Beaker Ball, we had liquid nitrogen ice cream. Here it is being made.





























I asked them to add a little liquid nitrogen to my drink to cool it off.











































































Later, we had an incredible show by Condition Fun! They were so awesome and played a long set. It really was a great night. Isaac and Lydia played their song about MacOps as well during the middle of the set. At the end of the show, we asked for an encore and Condition Fun obliged. It was a great night.






No comments:

Post a Comment