Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sunday November 20, 2011

Sunday was another day to recover from the previous week. I ran four heat shock experiments last week and went fishing one day as well. Getting a day to sleep in and not have (a lot) of responsibilities once a week is so refreshing and really helps me recover/recharge for the start of another big week. I really didn't do much at all. I watched some TV with Isaac in the afternoon. Later in the evening, I went to the science lecture. It was quite interesting to hear another researcher talk about his project and see his take on it. What made it so interesting was that he also studies the Antarctic fish! However, they are very interested in cardiac physiology so we are not stepping on each others toes...which makes things so much less awkward!

Anyway, I didn't want to leave you with nothing so here is a time lapse that Sandwich took of her and me in the back of the Pisten Bully. It doesn't really give you a great idea about how incredibly rough of a ride it is, but it is funny to watch. Part way through, we asked Brad to stop so we could check on the fish and change out a bubbler. Then we start up again on our bumpy ride! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment